At AngloGold Ashanti Australia, we have your learning and development at heart. People are our business and our business is people. As future leaders of the industry, we recognise the potential you bring to the organisation. You are not just a number, as a graduate you become a valued member of our team.
We are looking for high potential candidates for our 2022 Graduate programme.
If you have a strong academic record, are open-minded, aligned to our company values and have a genuine enthusiasm for a career with us, let us know.
We offer 2-year structured graduate programmes, based on best practice within the career paths associated with each discipline and provide opportunities to work at both our open pit and underground mines. Programmes are tailored to match your career interest with our business opportunities, developing your technical capability under the mentorship of experienced professionals while also developing you as a leader. As a graduate, you complete real work while we support your development and career progression.
We offer programmes in the following disciplines
- Mining Engineering: This programme provides an opportunity for exposure to both underground and open-pit mining. The development of content and work exposure are geared towards qualification for a first-class mine managers certificate or a quarry managers certificate.
- Geology: Our geology programme provides the graduate with the opportunity to rotate through both the open pit and underground mining environment with exposure to both exploration and mine geology. Building your development and experience to help you determine your career path of interest.
- Metallurgy: A comprehensive multi-phased metallurgy programme with our processing team, aims to develop a well-rounded metallurgist with an understanding of processing plants and operations across both underground and open-pit mine sites.
- Geotechnical Engineering: Our geotechnical engineer graduates are developed to have strong foundational knowledge in underground or open-pit mining along with an understanding of the exploration and geological processes, which influence geotechnical design and mining.
- Mechanical Engineering: These programmes consist of multiple rotations through the maintenance and engineering department with opportunities across sites. Developing competence in both underground and plant maintenance
- Open Pit and Underground Surveying: Our surveying programme is tailored to the graduate depending on their level of education and aspirations, as we provide opportunities for exposure to both sites, working towards either a grade 1 or grade 2 surveyor's certificate.
- Studying towards a tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline, due to graduate in the next 12 months
- Engineering: Mining, Mine Geotechnical, Chemical, Processing, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical.
- Sciences: Geology/Geoscience, Metallurgy/Mineral Science, Mathematics, Spatial Science (Surveying)
- TAFE: Diploma or advanced diploma in Surveying.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Australian working rights
- Driver's License