If you are moving to Melbourne from interstate or rural/regional Victoria and can demonstrate financial and educational disadvantage, this scholarship can assist with your education costs in your first year of study.
Applications now closed.
Value and duration
- Semester 1, 2018 applicants: The scholarship provides $5200 for one year.
- Semester 2, 2018 applicants: The scholarship provides $2600 for one semester.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident or a permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be commencing full-time study in a certificate IV, diploma, degree or postgraduate by coursework program at RMIT in 2018 (or part-time with exceptional circumstances)
- be enrolled in a program with a duration of at least one semester
- be able to demonstrate financial disadvantage such as:
- receiving a Government tested low income benefit or having a Centrelink Health Care Card
- be able to demonstrate educational disadvantage such as:
- having a long term medical condition or disability which impacts your study
- experiencing difficult family circumstances
- were born overseas, are from a non-English speaking background and recently migrated to Australia
- are a current or former refugee
- completed your secondary education at a School Network Access Program school
- be relocating from interstate or rural/regional Victoria to Melbourne to study at RMIT
- have not previously commenced or completed a program at the same level of study or higher
- have not previously been enrolled at RMIT.
If you are a certificate IV or diploma student you must:
- have a government-subsidised place
- not be enrolled in an apprenticeship or traineeship program.
If you are a degree or honours you must:
- have a Commonwealth supported place.
Applications now open.
Applications close 11:59PM Monday 11 June 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 464kb, 30p).
This scholarship is paid as a stipend (in fortnightly payments) and not as a lump sum.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via email to their RMIT student email account. If you have not received an offer via email by 31 July 2018, your application has been unsuccessful.