If you will be participating in an international mobility activity for credit in your program in 2018 and can demonstrate financial and educational disadvantage, this grant could provide you with assistance.
Value and duration
This grant provides up to $4000 depending on your mobility activity and destination.
Mobility Activity Region 1 Region 2
Exchange or Study Abroad $4000 $3000
(one semester or longer)
All other overseas mobility activities $3000 $2000
(including global intensives (study tours), internships)
Region 1 – Africa, Europe, Korea, Middle East, Central and South America.
Region 2 – North America, Asia (excluding Korea), Pacific, Indian subcontinent.
To be eligible for an RMIT Equity Travel Grant you must:
To be eligible for a 2019 RMIT Equity Travel Grant, you must:
*The course is required to be a 100 percent overseas mobility activity. For example, an overseas internship/placement that makes up 25 percent of the course requirement with the other 75 percent conducted in Australia is ineligible for an RMIT Equity Travel Grant.
**Overseas study where you will receive credit exemptions upon your return are ineligible.
Note: You can apply for this grant prior to applying for an overseas mobility activity.
Applications open 15 August 2018.
Applications for 2019 close 11:59PM Sunday 18 November 2018. No late applications will be accepted..
Terms and conditions
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s terms and conditions.
The RMIT Equity Travel Grant is usually paid two months prior to the commencement of a student’s mobility activity provided they are enrolled via Enrolment Online (EOL).
You cannot be awarded more than one scholarship/grant (of any type) to fund your mobility activity.
Supported international mobility activities include but are not limited to:
You should not rely on receipt of grants/scholarships alone to fund your outbound mobility activity.
Notice to applicants
The scholarship application process is highly competitive with a limited number of scholarships available. Unfortunately, not all eligible applicants will receive one.
Only successful candidates will be notified via their RMIT student email account by 31 March 2019. If you have not received an offer by 31 March 2019, your application has been unsuccessful.